Friday, April 9, 2010

Do Or Die

Yet another reason why many parents would try their best to prevent their daughters from marrying men from the rubber estates. From my own experience as a young boy when I accidentally spilled a small amount of formic acid onto my hand, I can confirm that it is a very, very corrosive acid. In the village, it's commonly known as cuka getah. In its concentrated form, it can easily burn the skin within seconds; and although I haven't seen it with my own eyes, I was told that if it comes into contact with the eyes, one can become blind.

What a asshole! Some men would beat up their wives. Others would give the cold treatment—y'know, refusing to talk for a couple of days? But splashing a pail of formic acid onto the wife, that's quite something!There will be scars, I'm sure. Hell, maybe even disfigurement! All of which the wife will have to live with for the rest of her life I guess. Then again, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Who knows if the wife becomes ugly, she won't be so appealing for the dumbo, and he won't be asking for sex at 2am in the morning no more?

Some people!... dumb and scary people!

OK, I'm walking to the fridge to get something to drink. Then I'm watching a bit of TV, and hopefully I'll be able to stop thinking about these strange people!


No comments: