Thursday, July 2, 2009

Core Fitness—After 4 Months

It's been about 4 months since the official opening of Core Fitness in City Mall, KK. I blogged about it shortly before its official opening. Almost every day I noticed that many people are searching the net for information about this fitness centre, and they'd inevitably end up in this blog because of my earlier post.

Today is another one of my short 5km runs which I had planned to do at the Likas jogging track as usual. Although I'm a member of Core Fitness, I haven't been going there for a while now because the weather has been dry and I preferred to run outdoor. It is less boring that way, and I reckoned that it's better to train on the track, for I would get the same condition when running in the Borneo International Marathon 2 (BIM2) in October. However, it was raining this evening, and so I had no choice but to fall back to my backup plan, which is to run on the treadmill in Core Fitness.

Then it occured to me I might as well take the opportunity to update some of my readers, since I can see a fair number of you are keen to know a bit about Core Fitness. So I brought along my camera, and Sam, the business owner was kind enough to allow me to take some shots.

These pictures were taken at around 6:30pm to 7:30pm. I did not do the weights; neither did I join any of the aerobics classes. All I did was to get over with the 5km.



As you can see, most of the treadmills were occupied. But I did not have to wait for too long for my turn. I'd say on average each person would occupy the treadmill for about 15 mins only, and then they would move on to the other machines or aerobics classes.



For those who're not keen for the treadmills, they can also opt for a milder workout on the bikes. I frequently see some people actually reading magazines while working out on the bikes. I'm not sure what are those machines in the background, but I've been referring to them as the striders. Please forgive me if there is a more "formal" name for them.



On the top floor are the weights. When I was younger, I did a lot of weights too, and I'd consider Core Fitness has a complete set of equipments to train the entire body. I just wish that I have the discipline to embark on the weights again. But right now I'm more focused on the running.



And finally, that's good 'ol me in the light blue vest at the start of my 5km run, doing a mild pace of 10km per hour, increasing to 11km per hour after 2.5km. It's considerably easier compared to the 10km I did at the jogging track yesterday evening, especially since I was running on the treadmill. But it's the boredom of the treadmill that's killing the mood!

If possible at all, it'd be good if I can lose, say, 15lbs by the time I get to the starting line of the BIM2 in October. By the way, that vest was the same one given to every runner during the Mizuno Wave Run at Padang Merbuk last year.

And oh! that's my Nike shoes which cost me RM530. I hardly ever put on those adidas adizero these days. After I injured my ankle, I actually went for a footscan and was told that I had flat feet, whatever that meant. And I needed specific shoes for running. The expert wrote out the type of shoes to buy. I went back to adidas to look for them, but the only available ones looked awful—the colours were just too bright for an old man like me. So I had no choice but to broaden my horizon to the Nike store. I did not really believe it at first, but true enough the Nike shoes did my ankle good! And I've since been running with them up to now. The only thing is that I might have to buy another pair by October!


No comments: