Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wild Dogs

A bunch of dogs are sleeping peacefully. A naughty boy comes along and pours boiling hot water onto them. The dogs cry out in pain and then become wild. They react instinctively; they start to attack the people around them. Havoc ensues; everyone runs for cover...

What a mess!

We wouldn't want to find outselves in such a place, but if you are given the authority to impose a punishment, who would you punish, the dogs or the boy? [The Star]

IF I made a racist comment and that resulted in chaos in the country, should I be punished or should we punish those who reacted to my racist comment?

3 comments:

Shan said...

This guy...even just thinking about him and people like him makes my blood boil. To refuse to even apologise or address the situation in a healthy manner?

Why am I not surprised anymore?

Shan said...

Sorry - didn't mean the General, I meant that Ahmad dude.

Although it is a little worrying for the military to be addressing issues such as this in my humble opinion.

Cornelius said...

Throughout my life as a Malaysian, I have always known myself as a second class citizen. In fact, I have long since resigned to the fact that the NEP will continue forever. The special privileges have always belonged to the Malays and Bumis. However, we still love this country.

If we want to do well, we must work twice as hard. It is a blessing in disguise; it makes us stronger.

But although we are all aware that we have no equal privileges, it is even more painful to have been told of the situation outright like that.