Saturday, September 13, 2008

Profile Photo

A few days ago I finally made it a point to register online for the half marathon in the Standard Chartered Singapore International Marathon scheduled for 07 December.

It suddenly occured to me that I haven't been to Singapore for ages. In fact I haven't been travelling abroad for a while now. Then I thought of the passport requirement, and I couldn't remember if my passport was still valid. I reckoned that it must have expired by now.

So I walked to a nearby photoshop to take a passport-size photo of myself for the purpose of a new passport. It must have been years ago since the last time I took this kind of photo. They've gone digital now. Within minutes I had my photos printed out; and they no longer give the negatives like in the good old days. Instead they copied my photos into a CD.

Incidentally, I have also received a call from Mr Randy Chong, the incoming President of the Rotaract Club of Kota Kinabalu. They will be having their installation night on 04 October. I have written a short message for their souvenir magazine, and he requested me to provide him with my passport-size photo.

Then I remembered that I've been meaning to upload my photo into my profile in this blog, but somehow never actually took the trouble to do it—until now. It's been a year since I started this blog. Well, better late than never, I guess.

However, I happen to know that some people out there have too much time; they'd use that extra time to doctor people's photographs so that it would appear that they're doing things which they don't [The Star]. I hope no one would go through the trouble to meddle with my photo. Not that I am a politician, so I guess there is not much use to do that. But even if they did, at least have the decency to choose a beautiful and sexy woman for the model.

Oh by the way, my passport is still valid after all. It will expire in 2011. Well, at least I'm still making use of the photos I took.

No comments: