Sunday, June 14, 2009

Exhausting Week

Oh what a week; and what a day today!

I've been busy throughout this week, preparing for the International Understanding Bazaar 2009, which was held at the Palm Square, Centre Point today. Actually, I had the Interactors from SM All Saints to help me organise the event. But I still had a lot to do anyway.

The students were all out to compete against each other—they were still practising up to almost midnight last night. In fact, they spent practically the entire day yesterday to set up their respective booths and running last minute errands. Elreena called me up to report that there was no PA system at the venue, and I had to quickly send out SOS to several people. I finally got hold of Randy Chong who found a place where we could rent the system.

Shortly later, Elreena called up again, saying that there were no chairs for the VIPs. As I was panicking, she called me back to say that they managed to find some chair from the store room after all.

This morning, I had intended to go for my long run. But since it's a 19km run, I had estimated at least 2.5 hours including driving to and from the sports complex. So I decided to do the run in the evening instead.

Upon reaching the Palm Square, I saw the VIP chairs all lined up nicely, but without cushions on them. As Murphy's Law would have it, the technician who's supposed to help out was not around. And of course we were also unable to contact his cellphone. In the end, we borrowed some wooden chairs from one of the shops.

The event went well, and there were many, many people who came to see. I took some photos, but I'll have to sort them out first before posting them here.

This evening, I finally arrived at the Likas jogging track to do those dreadful 19km. I started running at 6pm and finished at about 8pm.

I'm so dead tired now; I'm barely keeping my eyes open. So to the Interactors who're eagerly reading this blog now, I'm afraid the full story of the International Understanding Bazaar will just have to wait till tomorrow. Get some rest, y'all, school's reopening tomorrow.

No comments: