Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Virtual Hunt

Some of you have been pestering me about the first anniversary virtual hunt in this blog. Since I have been repeating myself several times over emails, perhaps it's best that I make the announcement here. At the same time, the purpose of this post is also to whet your appetite!... HAHAHA!

I am more or less done with the questions for the virtual hunt. But I am looking for the best time to organize the competition. It is not something very grand—I'll probably throw in a RM100 prize money just as a sweetener. Besides, I have the impression that many of you are not focusing on the prize anyway.

Now is not a good time to do it. I need at least a week uninterrupted for the competition. During that one week window, I will be posting ONE question per day. This is something like the Volvo online hunt last year. The question will be posted at the same time each day—tentatively at 7:00 pm. Everyone will then have equal opportunity to submit his/her answer. But only ONE answer is allowed per customer. I am aware that some of you may have the foresight to register under different names at the beginning of the hunt, but I can't do much to control that.

I will also factor in time element into the competition. The first successful answer for each question will get the full score of 10 points; second, 8 points; third, 6 points; fourth, 4 points; fifth, 2 points; and 1 point each for all remaining correct submissions.

In terms of difficulty level, it won't be the super tough ones. In fact some are easy; some are moderate and only a few somewhat "tricky". The reason I'm doing it this way is so that the competition is achieveable by a wider audience. It would be quite a disaster if only one or two masters are able to solve some of those questions. So because more people can solve, it means that it's a matter of how fast you can solve those questions (and submit the respective answers). Trust me, folks, most of you would probably require a bit of time to solve some of them.

In my opinion, the time element will make the competition more exciting. Some of you freak hunters may be able to solve the questions at a glance. Some might take an hour or so; others might take longer.

But now the problem of when to do it. There is hardly any time between now and theSun Hunt. And then after theSun, I will probably be spending the next few days kutuk-ing (according to one of my readers) the questions and answers. Then soon after that, I will be flying off again to Penang for the 25K run. So it seems that we will have to wait till after Penang, i.e. second half of November. In other words, about a month from now! So be patient, folks, the hunt will certainly come. Give me a bit of time to save RM100 for the prize money... HAHAHA!

1 comment:

Cornelius said...

Some of you are very concerned with my proposed time to post the questions. Apparently, many people are still stuck in traffic jams or out having dinner etc at 7pm. An alternative time of 10pm for question-posting has been suggested by all 3 persons who've written to me. And no, I am sure they're not all the same person!

I have no problem with 10pm. I don't really sleep that early at night!... hehehe