Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Buy & Fly

Most of us Malaysians are familiar with the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT), Kuala Lumpur. I myself have been travelling through this terminal many more times than the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) terminal.

Last Sunday, on my way home to KK, I was a little early when I entered the departure hall. It was around noon, so I thought it's a good idea to grab something to eat. In the departure hall, there is a cafe with a catchy name—Buy & Fly. Such an attractive name and makes a lot of sense too. It is simple and very easy to remember; and it rhymes.



There were many packed meals on sale; they range from cakes and buns, nasi lemak and mi goreng and of course some good old sandwiches. There're also a wide variety of canned drinks available. All of those were displayed on the shelves located by the walls. In front of the shop, there were small tables and chairs where people could sit while having their meals.



Buy & Fly also had an interesting rounded display area in the middle of the shop. In them were some drinks and some jellies contained in plastic cups as shown above. Buy & Fly also lived up to their name. Below is a blown up portion of the above picture. Let's see how sharp your eyes are; how many flies can you spot on the jelly cups?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buy a Fly more suitable for the place. I counted 7 flies.

Cornelius said...

Wow! not bad at all, Paival! Yes, there are 7 flies within this particular frame. I have randomly taken a portion of the larger picture. When I was there taking that picture, I couldn't believe the number of flies crawling all over the food and drinks.

I suppose one can say that those flies don't really get into contact with the food, merely the wrappings. But it's still something that is not very appetizing to see.

CK said...

corny,

when's the nov hunt? is it confirmed? haha... i need to pla my schedule next month.

Cornelius said...

ck,

I just got the update on the proposed hunt. It has been postponed to next year.

Doing the hunt in November might not be such a good idea due to the holiday season. Preliminary feedbacks indicated that a number of regular KK teams are unable to make it for November. We have accordingly advised the organizer to push it forward to next year.

In the mean time, I am also still trying to convince the organizer to employ a professional CoC to set the hunt (so that my own team can hunt!).

Never mind lah, ck, you can participate in my virtual hunt mah. Who knows can win?