Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Recipe


Whenever I'm in KL, I'd usually put up at the YMCA because it's very near to the KL Sentral Station. I can take the taxi, the bus and the train from there. So it's very easy to move around.

The above foodstall is located just across the road from the YMCA. It starts its business hours from late afternoon. It's a very convenient stop for me; and I don't mind eating in the open air either.

I can't read those Chinese characters, but I've come to remember this stall as simply ABC. One can just choose from a variety of Chinese food. I've never been a very fussy person when it comes to food; so I've been coming back to this stall a few times.


Up to now I still can't figure out how to steam a soup. I can cook some dishes, of course, but I am far from a professional chef. I know about steamed chicken or fish, but not steamed soup. I tried asking the lady at the stall, but y'know, I can't speak Cantonese, and she couldn't speak Hakka. How does one steam a soup?

3 comments:

CK said...

how much is YMCA nowadays?

Cornelius said...

YMCA!?... hehehe. What has that got to do with the steam soup?

Well, I usually pay RM80 per night net. That is supposed to come with breakfast, but I've never tried the breakfast there up to now. I always find my breakfast from the many shops closeby. I also don't know if they charge any differently if two persons occupy the room. I think they'll charge the same, and even if the rate is higher, it won't be very much higher.

Cornelius said...

Oops! Perhaps I rushed with the information on YMCA rate, CK.

I'm joining the Ox Hunt planned for 7 February in KL. I just received an email from YMCA this morning, confirming my room on that day. But they've raised the rate to RM100 nett per night. I'm not sure if it's anything to do with the CNY season; I've written to them and am now expecting a reply very soon.

Whatever the case might be, I'm still putting up at the YMCA. However, for your info, CK, there are several other budget hotels in Brickfields, charging between RM70-RM80 per night.