Friday, February 17, 2023

Virtual Hunt - February 2023

Since the last quarter of last year, especially due to the Tuaran Tourism Hunt, there've been some renewed interest in treasure hunts in Kota Kinabalu as there were many new hunters coming onboard, thus culminating in the largest ever Chinese New Year hunt - dubbed the Tembak Rabbit Hunt 2023 - which was organized by Team Kena Tembak recently. That hunt attracted 34 teams, although in the end 1 team did not show up.

To keep the momentum going for the newbie hunters until the next hunt in May, as well as to entertain the regular hunters, I thought I'd just throw in some riddles to be solved virtually. This was shared in our hunt chat on Whatsapp. It's not really a competition, and I did not set a time limit. It's mainly intended for the newbies to practise solving hunt questions. Just 10 questions, but about half of which are fairly easy to solve; I suppose you could say "to whet the appetite of the newbies". The remaining half are more challenging, but still solvable, especially since no time limit has been set.

Then someone suggested to me to post the riddles in my blog. I was reluctant at first due to laziness to handle submissions of answers. But upon further considerations, it's not such a bad idea after all. These riddles may be useful for learning purposes, as well as a record for me to revisit when there is a need for me to quote examples of questions that I have set. These days I have the tendency to forget some of my own questions! So here goes nothing.

Before that, please take note of these important points:

1. Answers are NOT in sequence, and can be found anywhere in the list in no particular order.

2. The list is very short, so answers MAY be repeated.

3. I will be disabling the comment section of this post, so that no answers will be posted here. This is intended to keep this post permanently "fresh". If you want to attempt the questions, you can submit your answers to me at: ckoh1965@yahoo.com.

Here is the list of possible answers to the questions:


And here are the questions:

Q1) Jika kepala dan ekornya dipotong, apa yang tinggal?

Q2) Hari sebelum Ahad, mungkin ada projek industri pertama?

Q3) Untuk orang Arab, jawapan ni sama dengan jawapan tu

Q4) Is taping confusing?

Q5) EKNOM?

Q6) It's not allowed to go straight to the start

Q7) Boyfriend for this leader?

Q8) Aura forming within

Q9) Said to be empty, but holding one from the east

Q10) Terdapat di bahagian atas mata, alas untuk kepala?