Monday, March 1, 2021

The Writer

I haven't been posting anything here for ages now, and many of my readers have long abandoned this blog. However, some have remained loyal and still checking from time to time if they'd find new posts, only to be disappointed to find a dormant blog. They have been asking me why. Well, there are several reasons, apart from losing interest. I'm still quite active in facebook though, of which I post something new almost daily. Nevertheless, facebook posts are not the same as what I would usually post here in this blog.

I've never taken up writing lessons, and I'm not even sure if I'm worthy of the title "Writer". Most writers have very specific styles when they write; and perhaps some of them prefer specific subjects too. Unfortunately, I have neither. I write about many, many subjects, and I almost always have an opinion about everything! The way I write them is also quite different from one another, so much so that an average reader may even suspect that these articles were written by many different people! In some some articles, I would be very serious and business-like in the way I write. In some others, I'd give reign to my natural inclinations, which include amongst others, a good mix of sarcasms and dry sense of humour.

The truth is that the real me is exactly like what's reflected in this blog; I'm for the most part unable to control my sense of humour, although I can also hold a serious conversation which is thought-provoking and requires maturity. However, I've been told on several occasions that some people dislike my kind of humour. In fact they find it offensive!

For example, in due course, when I share what goes on in my head during my long weekend runs to distract my mind from the exhaustion, I'd mention something like the scary thought of my mom's underwear which is as huge as a parachute. Some people would find that offensive.

It's almost impossible to please every reader. Many of my last few posts have been without my trademark sense of humour, and in the end I kinda lost the sense of excitement when I wrote them. 

I'd like to go back to where I was years ago when I started this blog; be myself, be my funny self or be my serious self whenever I feel like it, even though some of you don't find it funny at all! In the coming weeks and months, I will try to become an active blogger again.


No comments: